I don’t want to be selfish and hoard all the designer couture for myself, but at the same time, spending loads on clothes our tots wear once, maybe twice, is not exactly financially savvy. Lucky for tot snobs, Borrow Baby Couture was created. With this ingenious website, you can borrow brand new designer couture for your tots, have them wear it once or twice, and send it back, for a small fraction of the retail price. It’s akin to renting a tux or prom dress, but with one HUGE difference: these are BRAND NEW clothes from the current season. In the future, you’ll be able to pay even less to borrow gently worn clothes. But for now, Borrow Baby Couture offers untouched items from their spanking-new store. And they will continue to offer new clothing each season, so you can always have access to the latest fashions. New designers will be added each season as well, for Fall you will find Chloe, Little Marc, Versace and more. This is just perfect for ages 1-3 when tots seem to grow by the second.
Borrow Baby Couture clothing is not for everyday playing dress-up and tumbling around. These are very special pieces to dress your tot in for that very special event. So when the occasion calls and you do need that fabulous dress, why spend full retail? How many times do we regret spending a fortune on an outfit that’s worn once and ends up hanging in the closet, causing you to feel guilty? I already have a collection of amazing designer dresses doing exactly that, so I’m saving them for lucky family members! But now, you can be the lucky one and get brand new couture without paying couture prices. Here are a few amazing examples from their online store (with one week rental prices; they go up slightly for a 2 week rental which seems to make more sense, that way you can get in that 2nd or even 3rd wear):
1. Isabel Garreton Organza Ruffled Shift Party Dress ($37.50): Isabel Garreton has created a rather sophistcated ruffled ivory dress. It has four tiers of organza extravaganza to make any little tot feel like a true party girl. For ages 18-months to 4-years. Perfect for a flower girl.
2. Isabel Garreton Ruffled Printed Sundress ($43): Garreton hits another homer with this exceptional sundress. In atypical gray, with demure ruffles at each of the three layers, it is sophisticated, yet flirty – especially with the mostly open back. For 2–4 years. It’s picture perfect for that pricey photog you hired for the yearly portraits.
3. Rachel Riley Ballet Embroidered Party Dress ($54.50): If anything ballet excites your princess, then Rachel Riley’s white full-skirt dress with ballerinas and ballet slippers embroidered in black is your pick! For aspiring ballerinas, age 3–4! Party rentals should include this for the birthday girl.
4. David Charles Pink Party Dress ($95.75): How can you resist a pink party dress with white flower appliques covering it? David Charles’ frilly creation is every little girl’s dream of a show-stealer. Ages 2-4. For the very special occasion.
5. Fendi Contrast Panel Shift Dress ($101.75): Your little darling can evoke a toddler Audry Hepburn in this bright orange and grey shift dress by Fendi. The touch of blue on the panels make it playful enough not to be too serious. Ages 2–4. Dress to impress or just for fun, snap lots of pix, this dress is truly unforgettable.